Aspen Group’s Accounting Manager position is a challenging and rewarding opportunity with a unique and innovative design/build company dedicated to creating space for ministry impact. You’ll balance your time between high level initiatives and detail-oriented accounting responsibilities to keep the accounting related functions running smoothly. We’re looking for a smart and forward-thinking individual who can proactively identify problems and drive innovative solutions. You will help implement company strategic initiatives, lead process improvement, identify and implement software solutions, and more, all in collaboration with our Director of Finance. This position requires a hunger to lead, train, solve and serve our fellow coworkers, trade contractors, and external clients.
The Accounting Manager will also need very strong technical skills to oversee and perform the daily and monthly functions of the Accounting Department. This includes the accounts payable and receivable process, bank reconciliations, monthly financial statement creation, compliance management, and overseeing the bi-weekly payroll process.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance on long term strategic initiatives and Accounting-related process and software improvements.
- Identify gaps and opportunities and execute on proposed solutions.
- Train coworkers on tools and procedures
- Recommends and manages benchmarks that will be used to measure company’s performance.
- Embody a service mindset for the Accounting teams’ clients: fellow coworkers, trade contractors, and external clients.
- Maintains and implements a system of documented accounting policies and procedures
- Manages the accounts receivable and payable process, including credit card transaction management
- Prepares all necessary general and sub ledger entries in preparation for monthly financial reporting.
- Collaborates with Project Leaders to ensure project cost data is accurate and complete
- Manage and execute project specific accounting duties that include:
Compiling Owner Pay Applications,
Tracking Subcontractor and Consultant Commitments, Payments, and Retainage
Aide in the monthly Cost at Complete and Cashflow Forecasting activities,
Analyze Project Performance and bring valuable insight to the Project Teams
- Manage the monthly close process and create monthly financial reports for distribution to stakeholders
- Produces the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences monthly.
- Point person with external auditors and tax preparers.
- Executes the bi-weekly payroll and 401(k) reporting submission
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal governmental requirements, including compliance with insurance and state and local tax filings.
Relevant experience and desired skills:
Demonstrate effectiveness in working in a team setting, superb communication skills, above-average emotional intelligence, and strong detail-orientation. Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in in a fast-paced environment. Construction Industry experience desired. Construction ERP (Acumatica) experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- 5 years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
Guidelines, policies, and formal procedures that should be followed in this position:
Demonstrate knowledge and support of Aspen’s mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- This position reports directly to the Director of Finance.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen.
- Percentage of travel required: 10-15%
- Compensation depends on experience. Excellent benefits package offered.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.